Great Harwood Memorial Park, Church Lane, Great Harwood, Lancashire, BB6 7PU - Fields in Trust
Loading...

Fields we protect

Great Harwood Memorial Park, Church Lane, Great Harwood, Lancashire, BB6 7PU

8.9
Centenary Field

Managing organisation:
Hyndburn Borough Council

The land which today comprises Memorial park and playing fields became a public park on 25 July 1920 after a total of 22 acres of land was purchased by several local people and handed over to the Urban District Council of Great Harwood as a public park. The freehold title was conveyed to the Council for the purposes of a public park as the Council may deem proper.

The park is split into two areas by a road, with one part comprising playing fields and a pavilion, with the other the War Memorial, grassed and orchard areas.

Facilities
Football Pavilion

Field map