Official Opening of the New Pavilion at the Max Pullan Recreation Ground
Saturday 1st June 2013
Noon – The Pavilion will be open to receive guests
Until 12.30 – Guests are invited to view the new pavilion and view an exhibition of memorabilia dating back to the opening of the pavilion and recreation ground in 1937
12.30 – Guests to assemble on Pavilion Balcony for formal ceremony as follows:
• Introductions : Mr. Mel Welch, Treasurer, Dacre & Hartwith PFA and project Co-ordinator
• Short Address : Sir Thomas Ingilby, Bt., owner of Ripley Castle, President of the Nidderdale Cricket League and Grandson of Lt-Col Sir William Ingilby, Bt. Who performed the opening Ceremony of the original pavilion in 1937
• Response on behalf of Harrogate Borough Council : Mayor of Harrogate Cllr. Michael Newby
• Response on behalf of Pateley Bridge Town Council : Mayor of Pateley Bridge Cllr. Christine Scaife
• Cutting of the ceremonial cake : Mrs Pam Holliday, daughter of Major Frank Hirsch, Chairman of the Board of Trustees at the inauguration of the playing field and pavilion in 1937
• Unveiling of the Plaque : Sir Thomas Ingilby, Bt.
• Invitation to guests to take refreshments
• 1.00 – Close of Official Ceremony
• From 1.00 pm Pavilion and recreation Ground open for public viewing and use, together with the opportunity to watch the Nidderdale Cricket League match between Dacre Banks and Masham, use the tennis courts, the Bowling Green or the Children’s playground, or play on the field.