East Lothian Council
Money was gifted to buy land and establish a public park, resulting in Polson Park being formally handed to the Burgh of Tranent in 1911. The tennis courts, bowling green and pavilion were opened in 1931 along with a football pitch, children's play equipment and general landscaping.
During the period 1970 to 2008 various attempts were made to secure funding to restore and refurbish the park but these have not been successful. However in recent years East Lothian Council invested significantly in a new Bowling Pavilion, refurbished the Bowling Green and provided a new children's play area. The tennis courts were refurbished in 2015 and other improvements to the soft landscape are in the pipeline.