Stone Bishopstone & Hartwell Parish Council
The War Memorial Recreation Ground contains football pitches and pavilion, informal recreation ground and a children's play area.
The sites contains simply ornamented monumental gates, used as the village's War Memorial but providing only ceremonial access, not a normal means of access. The land was purchased with residents' subscription in 1922 to commemorate those who didn't return from the First World War.
The ground lies between Oxford Road (A418) and Bishopstone Road, close to the centre of the village. It supports local sports teams by providing playing pitches and pavilion facilities.