Witham Town Park, Maldon Road, Witham, Essex, CM8 1HN - Fields in Trust
Loading...

Fields we protect

Witham Town Park, Maldon Road, Witham, Essex, CM8 1HN

1.29
Centenary Field

Managing organisation:
Braintree District Council

The park is laid out informally for the public to enjoy, containing a variety of trees as well as toddler and children's play area.

In 1920 the Witham branch of the Comrades of the Great War held a fete and Pastoral Play in the park. Many ex-service men subsequently utilised the park, residing in a care home adjacent to it.

The park had a Grand Opening on June 20th 1900. Before that it was owned by the Pattinson family who held it as a private park and cricket ground. One memorable game in 1878 was held between the South of England XI and the Gentlemen of Essex in which W.G. Grace opened the batting. Nowadays the park is used by many people to enjoy informally. It is also used for the town Carnival.

Facilities
Play Area Open Space

Field map