UK's Favourite Parks Terms and Conditions
Everything you need to know if you are nominating or voting for UK's Favourite Parks 2022.
If you are nominating or voting for UK's Favourite Parks 2022 please take a moment to read the below terms and conditions of the award.
A local park or green space must be nominated during the nominations phase to be eligible for the voting phase of the award.
- Nominations open at noon on Thursday 9th June 2022 and close at noon on Tuesday 5th July 2022. No nominations will be accepted after this time.
- To nominate, you will be required to provide the name and address of your chosen park along with up to 280 characters explaining what makes the space special to you and why it deserves recognition. The 280-character description cannot contain any link or reference directing to further information, nor can it contain any reference to any active campaign relating to the park.
- You are encouraged to submit an accompanying photo of the park. Photos submitted must be original and not subject to copyright restrictions. By submitting a photo, you are giving Fields in Trust permission to use it in marketing and publicity materials including print publications and online for a period of up to three years after the conclusion of UK's Favourite Parks 2022.
- A park can only be nominated once and multiple nominations cannot be accepted. However, we would still be delighted to hear why your local park is special to you even if it has already been nominated.
- The first nomination received for each park will be accepted and displayed on the Fields in Trust website, except in cases where the nomination does not contain an image. In this instance, if a subsequent nomination is received which does contain an image, then the nomination with an image will take precedence over the nomination without an image. The submitter of the nomination displayed on the website for each park at opening of voting will be considered the nominator of that park and solely eligible to receive any certificate which may be due at the end of the voting phase.
- Nominations must be for a local green space - such as a park, recreation ground or playing field - which has regular, free public access. Royal Parks, National Parks, National Nature Reserves, regional parks, sports stadia and working burial sites are not eligible for nomination. Green spaces do not need to be protected with Fields in Trust in order to be nominated.
- Acceptance of a nomination or awarding of any status or certification does not indicate Fields in Trust support for any campaign or organisation relating to the park in question.
The voting phase will open at noon on Thursday 7th July 2022 and run until noon on Thursday 18th August 2022.
- An individual may cast only one vote throughout the duration of the voting period. This will be facilitated by the one vote per valid email address principle. Fields in Trust will monitor voting throughout the voting phase and reserves the right to discount any votes which are suspected of being in violation of this principle.
- In order to count towards a park's total, votes cast must be verified by clicking the link within the email sent to the voter after submitting the online form.
- At the end of the voting phase the total overall number of votes cast will be published, but the vote count for any individual park will not be revealed.
The park in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to have received the most public votes will be shortlisted following close of voting.
- The shortlist will be announced on the Fields in Trust website and on our social media channels following the close of voting. These four parks will be identified as the National Favourite Park 2022 for each of the Home Nations.
- The overall winner and UK's Favourite Park 2022 will be announced at the end of August. The park's nominator will be invited to accept the award on the park's behalf. The landowner or designated managing organisation of the winning park will receive a flag identifying the park as the UK's Favourite Park 2022.
- In addition, any park finishing in the top 20% of all nominations in the voting phase will be named a Local Favourite Park 2022 and both the landowner and nominator will be eligible to receive a certificate recognising this success.
If you have any questions about the nominations or voting phases of UK's Favourite Parks 2022 please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fields in Trust is not responsible and will not be liable for any loss, damage or other unintended consequences arising from a park's, nominator's or voter's participation in UK's Favourite Parks 2022. We reserve the right to alter these terms and conditions including the timings of the award in the event of force majeure. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Fields in Trust hereby excludes all warranties, representations, covenants and liability (whether express or implied) relating to the award. The decision of the award organisers, Fields in Trust, is final and binding in all cases, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding the outcome of the award.